I knew this day was coming - no surprises - but now that it is here I am a bit saddened. Maybe because this officially puts me in the no baby at home category. Am I really OK with that? Does that make me seem old somehow? Doom and gloom are taking over(start reading faster). So many thoughts and questions running through my head about what do I do now? (start breathing harder here)Old Willie Wonka tunnel scene flashing through my mind...scary song and all - AWE! PANIC!!!(hold your breath) Then all of a sudden a thought just a small one nothing too big..... (breath)"Can I really do whatever I want for the next 2 1/2 hrs. without the pink blankie and my all too frequent hip passenger?" "Can I really run into the store and be as fast as I have really always wanted to be?" "Can I really go home, sit at the computer and not have someone on my lap touching all the keys?" Suddenly the scene from Willie Wonka when he says "everything in the room is candy eat as much as you want" runs through my mind - AWE! ELATION!!! It was the breakthrough I needed. Doom and gloom were gone and joy had replaced all bad thoughts. As much as I will miss my baby being my baby (at least for two days a week). You won't hear me complaining about the couple hrs. of all me time - the only baby I'm talkin' bout now is...yeah baby yeah!
OK, so enough about me here are some of the pics I got of my brave, excited little girl going to her first day of preschool. She has had her backpack since last Christmas (she wanted to be just like the other kids so we had to get her one)and it's been packed with treasures for weeks. She thought she needed to put her school clothes in there since she was going to school - it's nice to see I ain't raised no dummy. Of course you would need your school clothes at school. Duh!

Here's her brave walk to the door.

Posing with her new awesome teacher and her BFF from down the street.

Running back to me after school because she missed me so much ("dream on mom, I just want to show you my picture")

She's so proud of her work(as am I) and loved her first day of school.
Now if it were only everyday so I didn't have to try to explain to a 3yr. old that she isn't going to school tomorrow.






6 comments:
What a BIG girl!! It is hard to let go...good job mom! Just remember the sweet free time you will have, even if it only a few short hours. :)
She looks so CUTE!
How could Kenners be old enough for preschool? I do no appreciate this one bit...but she is awfully cute in her fancy new school clothes and her cutie pie backpack. And--yes--you will enjoy the toddler free couple of hours--I guarantee it.
Having to explain why school is not everyday is so much better than having to drag a crying child to school everyday when she "hates it" she "doesn't want to grow up". We went through that a few times.
All three of yours are back in school - so are you going to the last summer movie by yourself on Thursday then? Come on!
Fun- I remember when my last went to school - bitter sweet. It still makes me a bit sad every year, no matter how old they are when they go back. I lvoe hanging with my boys! I miss ya girlie
OMG I dread the day Tatum is off to shcool. Did you cry? I would have. She looks so cute and grown up in those pics.
I have to agree with Jo that it is better than taking a screaming crying child to school! And, don't even try to blame the pink blankie thing on her... we all know who has the addiction!
Post a Comment