Monday, July 28, 2008

Back To School Bliss

Today was the first day back to school for the kiddos and boy have we all been waiting for this day. Yippee!!!
Summer is a little too long when you don't have a vacation planned(note to self...hint for Jon).

So here are a few customary shots of our first day .

Kiana so excited for 4th grade.

Although not so excited about all the pictures I keep taking.


Chase can't wait to see who he has in his classes - 8th grade you know...big man on campus.

Super annoyed that I want to take his picture..."This is so not cool Mom, just take it already."Perked up as soon as he got to school though. Look at his smile now. (Is that a girl he see's?....heehee....I love to tease him).

So the first day of school came and went. With crazy long car lines and lots of papers to sign...(I had the most homework of all - who came up with that?) a parents nightmare. But the kids had a great day and actually are excited to do it again tomorrow. Thank goodness!

Oh, and if you were wondering McKenna starts her first day of preschool tomorrow but that is a post all its own. Her being the baby and all and mom being a bit more emotional.

3 comments:

One Sassy Mama said...

Love the too cool pictures of the kids. I can't believe they are back in school already--although I guess our year round schools started yesterday too. My kids start at the end of August (25thish?)

Jolene said...

I can't believe McKenna is going to go to pre-school. You will be free - like me!

Tomorrow is book store day for the Jr. High kids. They can't wait to get their schedules. They don't start until the 6th. I can't believe that I will have three at the Jr. High.

Nicole starts on the 11th so we will have a few days of bonding before she goes back.

I will shed tears on both of these days. I always do. Tears of joy that they are finally back to school - but also tears for how old I am getting!

Heather said...

Yea, glad the first day went well. I like the song you have chose too. You're so good about that! First day of school, it is a bitter/sweet day! At least your little buddy McKenna will be around part-time! No more lazy summer dayz! :)