Saturday, July 19, 2008

Birthday Love

The best days are those we can spend all day with Jon and the 14th was one of those days. It just so happened to be the day of his birth many years ago and he decided he wanted to be with us for the day.


I hope...he enjoyed the sleeping in and the big breakfast and the homemade cards (even though Kiana accidentally wrote Happy Father's day twice...luckily I caught it before she gave it to him), Chase's was comical with his "you have been a great Dad I hope I have been a great son" comment. I so heart homemade cards.

I hope...he enjoyed the shopping for birthday prizes(his idea not mine - I was surprised when he mentioned shopping) although I know what he really wanted wasn't in the birthday budget so that probably wasn't too fun. I hope he enjoyed looking though. Why are boys toys always so expensive?


I hope...he enjoyed his nap (even though he wanted to go swimming - oops shopping took way too long sorry - I think he will rethink that "quick" shopping idea next year).

I hope.......no, I know he enjoyed his birthday milkshake (forget the cake for this guy). His favorite - cookie dough ice cream, crushed Oreo cookies and chocolate syrup all mixed together into a deliciously sweet birthday treat. Thick enough to hold a candle. And yes, it is as good as it sounds.

I hope...he enjoyed the movies that we sat down together and watched even though one was a chick flick (he's so nice like that even on his own birthday).

I know it wasn't Chuck E Cheese(which he loves) or the most spectacular, adventure filled day of his life but I hope that he enjoyed the time that he got to spend with us anyway. I know I did.

I love you my Hunka Hunka!

Happy Birthday!









1 comment:

One Sassy Mama said...

Happy Bday John-boy...Sounds like he had a fun birthday. I love the "Happy Father's Day" card with Kiana--funny!