Thursday, July 3, 2008

Time? What time?


Holy Cow! Where do all the hours in a day go?

I have turned into one of those bloggers that doesn't post forever. So sorry.

I have had every intention since coming home from girls camp on Sat. to sit down and blog about it and everything else that has been happening but obviously that hasn't happened (great Pam now everyone knows that...you are a blog slacker). I am personally blaming it on the late nights at camp though because I usually take the time late at night when the family is asleep to blog away but do you think I can keep my eyes open after 10:00 at night (sometimes earlier...but I hate to admit that).

I played too hard and stayed up too late at camp for this old body I guess because it has just plain given out on me this week. I promise I will take the time to really blog about camp soon but for now I just wanted to say "Hey I am alive".

Quick, story about "time" though since I'm on the subject . McKenna is so obsessed with the time lately. She will come to me several times a day and ask "what time is it?" At first I would tell her and she would go on her way like it really mattered to her and then after the first few times this happened I got smart and realized ...ummmm she is way too young(3yrs) to even know what it means even when I tell her ....so then it became funny. It has been a few days now and she continues to ask me for the time and now I just start singing "what time is it, the time of our lives, a celebration" (any High School Musical fans will appreciate that) which gives her a big smile. I just think it is so funny that me telling her the time makes her happy. I guess it just shows me that we are way to time obsessed over here if even my 3 yr. old has to keep time for me.

2 comments:

One Sassy Mama said...

She lives! Yay! Pammi you are back. I am looking forward to your YW camp update.

Kenners is so cute. AND I am loving your HS Musical response. Savvy is quite obsessed with time--especially when we are waiting for company to arrive, we are traveling, or we are going to do something fun--now I have a new answer to give her.

Jolene said...

We are the same Pam! When one of my kids asks me "what time is it?" I always answer - "it's summer time, its our vacation"...

they just roll their eyes.