Apparently I didn't get it right the first two times. I'm talking about my new calling I just received. Not even 4 months into my new ward and not knowing everyone yet I know this calling had to have come from the Lord(which I know they all should but have seen otherwise) so I am assuming that I just haven't got it right yet.
What is your calling you ask?
....Well I am the 1st counselor in the YW Presidency (again).
Don't get me wrong I do love this calling. It is so much fun to be a part of helping the girls grow into such wonderful young women not to mention the good times we usually have. It is an extremely busy calling though and I have always felt so inadequate like I don't have much to offer these girls. So when I was called this week I thought to myself I guess I still have something to learn.
When I mentioned to the bishopric that I have had this calling before and that I must not have done it quite right they tried to reassure me that it was because I was good at it. I do love their answer and want it to be true but I know myself to well to really believe it fully. I just hope that the girls will learn to love me as much as I will love them.
During my setting apart today I really felt like this is where I am supposed to be though so I will happily do my best. The bishopric also said some amazing things to us about our being called so that made me feel even better. The Lord works in mysterious ways and I'm glad he thinks I am good enough to be apart of this one.
The funny thing about my threepeat calling is that this isn't the only one that it has happened with. Enrichment and CTR 5's are the other two callings that I have done 3 times. Isn't that funny. I guess I love repetition. I think maybe I just need 3 chances. They always say the 3rd time's the charm. So maybe I will actually get it right this time.
Wish me luck and if I am never home when you call now you know where I will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Oh - how fun! I wish I were back in YW's! (those beehives were a lot easier to please then there mamas!). You are so funny - at least you aren't having to threepeat a scout calling or adult sunday school calling (I won't say that those would be my two nightmares--because that's practically inviting the extension of the calling).
See ya tomorrow! Really? Tomorrow?!!
You are so good at it and the fact that the YWP barely even knows you speaks to the fact that she really prayed about it. It will be so great because you are all starting these callings together - all new and all inspired! Today at your presidency meeting you are just going to impress them even more with your beauty, skills and great ideas.
This means you will probably go to girls camp! When and where do you go? You are so fun and amazing - these girls will be blown away! Have a great time at women's conference - cause life's going to get very busy when you get back! I hope this doesn't change things for Thursdays?
YW is fun- but busy as you know. You will be a great example/leader for those girls! Have a great week with the girls at WC!!
Pam, how exciting! Those girls are so lucky to have you as their leader! You are awesome!
Post a Comment