Friday, January 30, 2009

Running Club

I know I still need to blog about our wonderful post Christmas Vegas trip but that will be a marathon post and life is still moving right along so I thought I would do something more current instead.





Kiana is our enigma runner extraordinaire. She LOVES to run. Don't ask me where she got it...I can tell you right now though that it's definitely not from me.



She is in the Running Club at our school and every Tues., Thurs. morning she gets to go and run before school. She loves it ....and I'm beginning to disliking it more and more because I have to take her early and it is stinkin' cold out there. Plus my bed is so comfy cozy and why would anyone want to leave cozy. But I know the love she has for it (and seriously this is nothing compared to next years zero hour that I will be even more begrudgingly taking Chase too) so I endure (in my jammies, fuzzy slippers and dare I say...no bra...did I mention it is quite nipply...oops I meant nippy out there.... :)



So far she has logged over 80 miles over the last couple of months. That seems crazy far to me. The fun part for me is seeing the actual races though. Since I'm too much of a wimp to stay and run with her at practice it is fun to see her actually "run like the wind" in the races.



She is the one on the far right in front. I know it's a terrible shot of her but 20 girls all with pigtails in my cameras viewfinder doesn't make it easy to pick ones daughter out. I'm just feeling lucky she was in the shot at all.



They run anywhere from 1 1/2 - 2 miles for the races. They usually run against 3 other schools in the district. So she competes against all the 4th grade girls from those 4 schools. So far she has had two races and has done great. First race she came in 4th, which I thought was fabulous, but she was a bit disappointed because she said she could have run faster. So Wednesdays race she showed us that she definitely could and came in 1st place. YEAH!



I love the shirts they picked out this year for running club. On the front it says "We're the roadrunners(school mascot)...you've been warned!!! And on the back it says "Beep Beep"! Cute huh?




We are so proud of Kiana (and her competitive nature...which does come from me....wait, did I say that out loud?) and know that she can do anything she sets her mind too.



Go Ki Go!

4 comments:

Varney Family said...

Wow! Congrats Kiana! I hate running so more power to ya. Go girly go! We'll see you in the olympics some day :)

Beeswax said...

I don't know why people like to run, but I am very impressed by those people.

Beeswax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Yes, maybe she will be an olympian someday!! She must love running to do it BEFORE school! Go Kiana!! Way to go on 1st place.