I am going to try my best to get some of our holiday events written about before the next holiday arrives. AND because I am sick and tired of seeing that "update blog" line on my "to do" list as one of the last unchecked items staring at me making the guilt cut through me like a knife (woe that was a bit extreme...where did that come from?...seriously am I having blog anxiety?)
Well anyway, on to Christmas Eve. Here is a look at the nicely, took me two straight days to wrap, wrapped presents under the tree before the onslaught of the morrow.
And so much for our big talk to the kids about this will be a meager Christmas so don't expect much under the tree bit. There were more presents I think this year than in past years. I'm thinking that was a result of the economy though because I seriously was searching for the best deals around. Those who know me know I am a huge bargain shopper and even I amazed myself with some of the deals I got this year. I started buying early and don't underestimate what cute, cool & fashionable stuff you can get on clearance. I'm talking $1.00 to $3.00 for clothes people. Ask my sister she was there to witness some of my buying bliss. So hence the many presents wrapped under the tree. (Don't tell Chase though I think he thinks all the cool clothes have to be at least $15 or more a piece).Woe, I am getting way off topic here. Sorry!
We enjoyed a wonderful night with the kids and my sister Robynn's family. With our traditional singing of carols, reading of Christ's birth in the scriptures, opening of jammies and family exchange gifts. It's a really fun night. Oh and I can't forget Jon's famous eggnog concoction (which eggnog isn't my favorite but Jon's spiked version I can really enjoy :)(and I mean spiked in a nonalcoholic way of course:)
Here are the kids in their pre-Christmas, here's what my sibling gave to me, glory.

Then Santa's delicious cookie plate, a sweet note thanking him for all the goodies last year written by Kiana(darn where did I put that...it was pretty cute) and off to bed with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads. Which, by the way, I'm sure they weren't having visions of because they nor I even know what sugar plums are...but it sounds so Christmasy don't you think.
Fun night, good times and way to long of post for just Christmas Eve. No wonder I have anxiety.






2 comments:
Glad you updated! Looks like you had a super fun Christmas Eve! Glad you got some good deals shopping! I think a lot of us had that "talk" with the kids about $$.
We loved all the DOUGH you gave us. Thanks for driving over to deliver.
yeah you're back! Awesome pics of the kids. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment