This apparently isn't my season to blog. The stress and joys of the holidays have taken over my ability to sit and scribe my daily life so true to form (late) I will now post about Thanksgiving :)
It was so much fun to have my sister Raquel and her family as well as Jon's parents come stay with us. My sis Robynn and her fam (who live here) joined the excitement as well. We had such a great time despite the rain that never usually falls here until you want to entertain. We enjoyed food, food, and more food. Even homemade goodies that I am intimidated by were made by my fabulous sister - I'm talkin' good eats! I'm pretty sure the new roll around my middle section has Thanksgiving written all over it. Yep, I just looked, it does.
Here let me reminisce. We enjoyed the temple lights....word to the wise though DO NOT attempt to go on opening night....one word...CROWDED! Nary a space for a stroller so Jon got that duty (by the way thanks Robynn for letting us steal it).
Other good times included:
the Turkey/Mud Bowl. Those are my boys in blue.
Did I happen to mention the delicious food!
(Salivating again over the sight).
(this is torture gotta go get me some chocolate).
Ok back with Whoppers in hand I'm good now.
Here are a few smiles of stuffed and content from those I adore.



And here we have the guilt of eating so much the day before we decide to walk it off the next morning. I promise I am walking too who do you think took the picture :) (I will be honest though it wasn't my idea)
Then we did some fishing,
and Kade even caught one. It was a big spiky Sunfish, we'd never seen that kind before. I have to admit it was more fun to see the guys jump and squirm when they were trying to take the hook out though. Hehehe!
We enjoyed movies and shopping and playing games too. Even had a few rock concerts performed courtesy of those brave enough to jam out on Rock Band.
So that was some of our Thanksgiving fun and festivities (I left out the barfing because that wasn't part of the fun).
I am so glad we had family to spend this time with. I know everyone thinks this but seriously my family is the best! I have so much to be thankful for and wonderful memories like these remind me of that.















3 comments:
Your fam has been busy. Fun pictures love the mud/football pics at least it didn't rain much more Thanksgiving morning. Cute little turkey's too. Glad you are back to blogin. You'll have to email me and let me know how to do that google reader??
Pammie - I haven't blogged about Thanksgiving yet... I love that you had your family around on Thanksgiving. So fun! I love the overhead picture of the food counter too! Looks yummy!
What in the world! You have been busy...having good times.
BTW..I love your Christmas music.
Post a Comment