Thursday, November 13, 2008

Card Club

I am going to try and post some of the projects that have kept me busy over the last few weeks (culprits of why I haven't been posting).


One culprit was my "card club" card. Normally this is fun because I really do enjoy making cards to give but for some reason the theme I got this time was a difficult one.

Neutral baby!


At first I thought "oh this shouldn't be too hard". But for some reason I like to make things more difficult then they really need to be. I could have gone with the typical yellow/green colors that are often common when you don't know what gender you're having(I know this personally because Chase was a surprise and he had lots of yellow and green to wear). I figured there would be other cards that color and I of course like to be different. So I decided I was going to try to balance blue and red together and make the perfect baby neutral card. Unfortunately this took me a few attempts.

Card attempt one (top card): too girlie


Card attempt 2 (bottom card): too boyish but getting closer.


I loved how both cards turned out but they just weren't saying neutral to me so I said forget the blue/red thing. By this time I was tired of making cards anyway because seriously all these decisions were really taking it out of me so I decided instead to use every color I could.


So attempt number 3: luckily this attempt worked for me and my critics (Jon and the kids).




So I duplicated and here they all are finished and ready to go.




Of course I had to give a little love to the inside and the envelope too...just cause I can't stop myself when enough is enough.


So did I made the right choice???? Cause there were many cute cards exchanged and yes there was even a super cute yellow/green one.

Next card group theme: Mother's Day...maybe I better start now...I might end up making six cards next time just to get the one I love (don't underestimate me, sadly, it's really quite possible :)

4 comments:

Jolene said...

Just so you know, today, Courtney went through all of the cards and pulled one out and said this one is my favorite. It was yours! Of course it was her favorite - it is so adorable. I love the other two as well! You are my card making mentor!

Heather said...

I would say you chose wisely! The other two will be good keepers for those having a boy or girl. Do you make one card for each person in the group? That would be stressful for me, my creative juices aren't flowing. Thanks for sharing your cute ideas!

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

Ya done good! That card is so darling!

Renae said...

They all looked great! What a talent. I wish I could make things like that. I was not blessed with the scrapbooking, crafty gene. I envy you creative people!