Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Break Fun!

My kids have been on a 2 week fall break and I have been worried about what we should do during this time. Many around here went on trips to Disneyland of course which is great fun and all but let me be honest here that is just too pricey for my blood. I think I found the solution though.

Who needs Disneyland and those high prices when I can entertain the whole family for hours with less than 5 bucks in my pocket I say. Not to mention that this adventure is like 2 miles from my house (that's what I'm talkin' bout).

A gold mine arrived for my family the day they opened the Basha Pool. I could tell you all about it but let me show you instead.
Looks pretty fun right? Well, there's so much more.

Check this out: the Whirlpool (I still think they should call it the toilet bowl)
(Don't mind Kiana drowning right there. hehe)
The Slides: My kids like the blue one best but they came out to fast to get the picture. So here's Chase appeasing his Mom for the shot.
The Bucket Dump: The kids/+Jon loved this because you get gallons of water dumped on you and if your not careful you could loose your drawers :)

There is flying.....oh I mean diving boards.

Finally coaxed Kiana to flip off it - she was so proud of herself.

And my Favorite part the Lazy River: Yes, this one is big enough for tubes even.


The pool is a bit chilly but if you get too cold they even have hot water sprayers to warm you up a bit. See the family enjoying the warmth.


I tell you what fun for the whole family! They are even going to start heating the pool so we can swim into Nov. how awesome is that!

Who needs expensive vacations when we got our little slice of action and adventure right here (at least that is what I am trying to convince the kids and luckily for me so far they agree).
See you at the pool!














4 comments:

Jolene said...

Why did I not know about this wonderful pool? You need to e-mail me the deets: when is it open etc...

I see there were no pictures of you in your swimming suit pamela - whats that all about?

One Sassy Mama said...

Lucky. I think the forecast is for snow on our fall break--just kidding--but it will definitely be C.O.L.D.

Cute pics. I agree--why are you not in ONE single picture? Even if you just got a pic of your reflection in the pool. hehe

Heather said...

Where are you in your yellow polka dot bikini???
Looks like a super fun water park. I am sure your kids slept well that night!

Beeswax said...

I can photoshop your head onto a bikini clad body if you want to appease all your readers. It is one of my special talents.