So here they are:
1. What date is your anniversary? July 16, 1993
2. Where did you get married? Jordan River Temple (no snide remarks people, we practically had the temple all to ourselves, and what is a young couple in love to do when all the other temples are closed for cleaning when you want to get married).
3. Who proposed? How? Jon of course, we are old enough that that was still the way it was done. He took me out on some dirt road in the hills of Rexburg, ID on the eve of our college graduation, waited til midnight...which by the way was way past curfew (naughty boy :) and then he got out to pee (so I thought...why else would he stop) he came around the car, opened my door startling me and bent down on one knee. It was pitch black and I was in my "sweats" but needless to say it was very romantic.
4. How long were you engaged? almost 3 months. Would have been 4 but we moved up the date - couldn't wait.
5. What was the favorite part of your wedding day? Being married to the man of my dreams for all time and eternity. What is better than that.
6. What would you change if you could? My hairdo after the wedding ceremony....ugh! Also I think I would have liked a professional photographer so I could have some fab photos to display of our wedding. You know all those fun poses that they do these days.
7. Wedding colors? I would like to forget. Let me just preempt this with remember the year that we're talking about here. Hunter Green and Peach. I know, that is so not me. Try not to laugh.
8. Do you remember anything special from your ceremony? Sad to say that I don't really. Just that I was really happy. That whole day was a blur. I even forgot my suitcase with all my clothes in it on our wedding night. Oops. Of course my Grandpa made a funny by announcing to everyone that I wouldn't need my clothes anyway. Not so funny for the most nervous night of an innocent girls life. OK so it was kind of funny.
9. Were you clean or messy when you cut your wedding cake? The first reception - clean mostly... the second reception - messy mostly.
10. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We called this our honeymoon but now I am rethinking this one because I want somewhere more exotic to tell everyone about. Between receptions and hometowns was McCall, ID so we stayed a few nights there before heading up to Jon's town reception. Let me tell you if you haven't ever been there before it is really pretty but really cold. Not the ideal honeymoon spot for romance on a lake that feels like ice.
11. How long have you been married now? Come July it will be 15 yrs. so what is that 14 & 3/4 years give or take some days. The best years ever I might add.
Ok so that is my story and I'm pretty much stickin' to most of it. Now for anyone reading this right now you have been tagged so go blog about your wedded bliss.






4 comments:
Love the photo Pamela! Don't be embarassed of your lovely wedding colors... mine were yellow and blue, so 90s!
Love it! We must have gotten our dresses from the same place,(different states) I swear they are matching, puffy sleves and all!
Ah, how did the 90s get old and embarrassing? I think you guys look great. Does that mean I am old and embarrasing too?
I went to McCall one weekend in August to some BYU boy's cabin(plus some other people came too) and I have never been that cold in my whole entire life. I took one lap around that lake on skis, then refused to get outta the boat again.
I like that I really want you James Blunt song. I haven't heard it before. I will take you up on the tag, but I might wait to publish until our anniversary,July 19.
You guys got married the day after Justin and I did. Only difference was that it was 115 degrees here in sunny Mesa. My dress was exactly like yours too! Ahhh, the 90's were pretty great. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Happy 15th!
Post a Comment