This is the one day that the kids try super hard to be so nice and thoughtful. Today was perfect. I loved how the family started the day off with getting ready for church without the tantrums. I loved how my kids sang to me during Sacrament meeting( I should say kid sang cause when it was time to actually go up front to sing McKenna just couldn't do it - but it's ok because she sings the song to me all the time at home..I heart her still). I loved how my ward gave out See's Candies chocolate bars to us moms...YUM. I loved how I didn't have to prepare or teach a lesson today. I loved how Jon made such a delicious dinner for me that my eyes rolled back in my head as I ate it. I loved the dessert that Chase so sweetly made me even if it did get all over the bottom of my oven and stink us all out. :) I loved the scrapbook that Kiana made for me at school(she is getting to be quite the crafter...it makes a mom so proud). I love that I got to spend this day with my sister. I could go on but you get the point. This was really a special day.
I think this day is made even more special not just for my own benefit but so that I can call and tell my Mother just how special she is to me and my family and show my appreciation for what she has done for us. I didn't fully appreciate all that she did for me growing up until I had kids(sound familiar?... or was that just me?). Now I think that she is one of the most caring, loving and amazing women I know. She has been such a wonderful example to me over the years, I just hope I can be half as good a mom as she is. Thanks Mom - We love you so much!
Another special mom in my life is Jon's mom. I know since having her in my life these past 15yrs. I have been so greatly blessed. She is such a joy to be around with so much life and laughter wherever she goes. Always happy and encouraging us to do our best. She truly has the island spirit of unconditional love in her. This is one Mother-in-Law you definitely would want to have (how did I get so lucky?). We love you dearly, Mom! 
Motherhood is the most important thing we as women get to do and I am so glad that my Heavenly Father chose me to be apart of his Miracle of Motherhood.






4 comments:
Pammi - I love your new blog background!
AND I love your tribute to mother's day -- I agree -- whoever invented mother's day is fab! What other day do we mom's get to be catered to--and not be considered lazy, bad moms?
Love your mom and mom-in-law pics - very cute!
I think Mother's Day should be at least twice a year - right?
Love all your pictures with your mommies!
You are so right about not appreciating our own mothers until we are mothers ourselves! I was such a bratty teenager and wish I could take it back!
Thanks for not judging me! :) I agree with Deana, Mom's day should be twice a year! See's candy from church, that is a fun treat!
Post a Comment